Monday, January 30

Me & YOU - A bit of a change

So I was more than a little excited when The Mother Experiment sent me a message asking if I was interested in hosting Me & YOU for a while. Actually I am pretty sure you would have heard the hell yeah from wherever you are.  Mind you there was a twang of sadness as I knew it meant that Karlee would not be posting as much.

The Mother Experiment created this awesome linky way back in August last year. She thought that in a supportive and caring way, mothers could share their troubles and work through it together.  Actually to quote her directly
Being a mum can be isolating and hard. Let's help each other change those niggling little problems that eat away at us. Together we can make a change. Don't give up. We care about YOU. Link up your goal here.

It came at just the right time for me and I have barely missed a week since. I was devastated, but totally understood, when weekly turned to monthly as Karlee and her beautiful family welcomed their newest addition. Mind you I was overjoyed to see it return to weekly.

For me, Me & YOU began as a means of making myself more accountable for the state of my house. A domestic goddess I am not. I am still amazed how sharing my struggles here actually helped to motivate me to make much needed changes in my life.

It hasn't always been easy and there have been week's that were epic fails but those are the weeks that inspire me to keep going and try harder. In fact I would at times even find myself doing the dishes and thinking oh good I can put this in my post on Monday.  I momentarily started to think that perhaps it was what some might call 'sad' doing housework purely to put in a blog post, but then decided it doesn't matter how I get things done just as long as they get done.

Not wanting to bore my readers with the same thing each week and realizing that I need to write about this every week to help me stay on track I came up with the tag line Making it Matter.

 For too long I let things not matter. It didn't matter to me if the dishes didn't get done. Nor did it matter if the washing stayed on the line for days at a time. Now it does and I honestly feel better about the house and myself for making the effort to make things matter.

In many way it feels very evolutionary to join Me & YOU with Making it Matter.  Me & YOU, making IT matter together.  How great does that sound? Brilliant I know!!!  I only wish it wasn't so late and I didn't have so much to do or I could whip a fandangle new button.  All in good time though I guess.


I hope that you will come and join in, it is super, super easy.
  1. Have a look at your life 
  2. Find something that you want to make matter a little more
  3. Spend a week (or more) consciously making it matter a little more
  4. Blog about it
  5. Share the post here
  6. Tell all your friends and get them to do the same, tweeting about it as you go
Karlee was right, being a mum can be really isolating, which is strange because there are also so many similarities to be found among many a mum.  When we share we strengthen.  Not just ourselves but others as well.











-fairy wishes and butterfly kisses

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fairy wishes and butterfly kisses to you, thanks for stopping by, it really means a lot, you taking the time so say hi. I try as much as I can to write a reply but if for some chance I don't get to it please know that I always read them.